Axis Bank is currently the second largest private bank operating in India in terms of its market capitalization. They provide a lot of typical banking services like a savings account, current account, loans, demand draft, fixed deposits, debit cards, credit cards, forex, cheque, and much more. However, the most used service is always debit card. A debit card is a card which can be used to withdraw money from your linked account. They usually are magnetic cards which nowadays comes with a secure chip, which as the name indicates, increases the security of the account. Imagine a scenario where your debit card is stolen or you have lost your wallet containing it. In that case, you might want to block the debit card in order to prevent its misuse. What if we tell you that you can do that right from your screen without even leaving your room.
Here in this article, we are providing you with a step by step guide on how to block your Axis Bank debit card using net banking. For your convenience, all the steps are provided with relevant screenshots. Do remember that you need to have your login details ready in order to proceed with net banking. You will also need your registered mobile number as you would be asked to enter the netsecure code which will be required for the confirmation of debit card blockade. You can also provide the reason behind your blockade action on last page such as debit card lost, debit card theft, debit card misuse, debit card no longer in use, debit card not required and much more.
Steps to block Axis Bank Debit Card
#Way 1: From Website
- Open the official website of Axis Bank net banking i.e. retail.axisbank.co.in Login using your details and you will be redirected to start page.
- Choose accounts option from the top header and then choose My Debit Cards option from drop-down menu.
- You are now presented with the list of all debit cards linked to your account. Choose the one you wish to block by selecting dot at the start.
- Now click on the block card option. You can also replace or upgrade your debit card at this page.
- You will be redirected to a page asking you for the reason for blocking debit card. Choose from the list available and then click on proceed button.
- Enter the netsecure code received on your registered mobile phone number in the space provided. Click on the confirm button.
- You will get a confirmation regarding the blockade of your debit card on your registered mobile number as well as email address.
These are the simple steps which you need to follow in order to block your Axis Bank debit card from net banking. If you want to know how to change the debit card PIN using net banking then do check out our other article here:-. If you are still facing any difficulties or have any queries regarding any of the steps then do mention them in the comments section below. We will try our best to help you with that. For any further details or information related to the debit card renewal or blockade, you can contact their customer support executives at Axis Bank customer care phone number.