Shri Manoj Mishra who is also the Co-Chairman of Fertiliser Association of India (FAI) heads the mini-Ratna NFL, National Fertilizers limited as its Chairman cum Managing Director. National Fertilizers Limited is into service since August 1974. The firm has an authorised capital of over a thousand crores. The company operates in products like Ammonia, Nitric Acid, Ammonium Nitrate, Sodium Nitrate, Sodium Nitrite, Urea and bio-fertilizers. The brand name for the products is “Kisan”.
Crops and farming have been the major elements of the Indian economy from the very beginning. Cultivating fields to receive a good yield is mandatory to feed the nation with the world’s second largest population. And for the same, it is important to give the lands the power to nurture the crops. For a long time, farmers have been using fertilizers but, having identified the harm of chemicals, alternatives to the same were to be identified.
NFL is one such initiative to make available products that will increase the yield and that are not harmful for human consumption. The set of responsibilities of the CMD include:
- Checking the quality of products manufactured.
- Fulfilling the requirement of high-quality seeds, so the yield is healthy.
- Safety measures adopted during the manufacturing process should be capable of dealing with occupational hazards.
- Environment and ecosystem should be taken care of.
- Offer opportunities for research, so as to cater to modern-day needs.
- Propose plans for upgradation and implementation of advanced technology.
- Keep a tab on the budget and allocate resources for each project.
- Ensure that the execution plan is followed.
- Promote the highest standards of corporate governance.
- Take a complete account of all the important issues.
- Focus on strategic growth model and profitability of the company.
- Have a clear idea of the performance of their teams, the issues and challenges being faced, along with the opportunities that can be grabbed.
- Propose, consult and make changes to policies as and when required.
The CMD of NFL bags a decent salary. Refer to the contents in the table given below for more details.
|Total Annual Compensation||Rs 4,887,000|
|All Other Compensation||Rs 369,000|
|Total Annual Cash Compensation||Rs 5,256,000|
|Total Calculated Compensation||Rs 5,256,000|