Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited is a Maharatna company running since 1871. The company has grown since then as mentioned below:
|Year||Name of the company||Area||Governing Authority|
|1871 – 1886||Chef Rohit Oil Company||Scotland||British|
|1889||Rangoon oil company, renamed as BUrmah Oil||Assam and Burma||British|
|1928||Asiatic Petroleum Company, incorporated as Burmah-Shell Oil Storage
and Distributing Company of India Limited
|Asia||Joint venture of Royal Dutch, Shell and Rothschilds|
|1950||Burmah shell||Maharashtra||Government of India|
|1976 – 77||Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited||INDIA||Government of India|
|2017||Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited became MAHARATNA||INDIA||Government of India|
Under the government of India, the company has grown from a localised oil company to a Maharatna deving in several industries including Retail, Lubricants, Aviation, Refinery, Gas, I&C and LPG. There majorly are fou refineries operated under BPCL, namely –
|Mumbai, Maharashtra||13 million metric tonnes per annum|
|Kochi, Kerala||15.5 million metric tonnes per annum|
|Bina, Sagar District, MP||6 million metric tonnes per annum|
|Numaligarh, Assam||3 million metric tonnes per annum|
Sri D Rajkumar took over as the Chairman of such a huge organization in 2016. He has to look after the import-export, production, resource and budget allocation, legal and financial matters to justify his desgination. It is no way an easy job, however, the salary he gets for his endeavours is just.
|Total Annual Compensation||Rs 4,625,885|
|All Other Compensation||Rs 2,108,374|
|Total Annual Cash Compensation||Rs 6,734,259|
|Total Calculated Compensation||Rs 6,734,259|
Some of the responsibilities he shares at BPCL are:
- Focus on exploration, production and development.
- Make the investments yield good returns.
- Manage eco-system concers along with occupational hazards, thus ensure sustainable development.
- Increase the status of the organization from a Maharatna to a Navratna.
- Invite oppotunities, sign MoUs, look for feasibile growth opportunities.
- Allocate budget to different projects, bring technological revolution at service and keep a track of everything that happends in the company.
- Sending a direct report to the ministry and regulating bodies, seek permission/approval from the Centre and State for exploration process.
- Manage risks and well as finances. Also utilize modern technology for digitalization of records and services.