Oil and Natural Gas Corporation is a PSU working under the government of India. This MNC is responsible for providing 70% of the total crude oil production in India. ONGC is ranked 11th in the list of top Global Energy Companies. Working since August 1956, the company has acquired a dear status. Let’s find out what it is like to be the CEO of this gigantic firm.
- As the CEO of ONGC, you are required to carry out the company’s vision and make a contribution to developing the whole ecosystem of growth.
- Conceptualization, development plans, actual execution and keeping an eye on everything that is crucial to the company’s sustenance is a prime function of its CEO.
- To ensure that the projects undertaken are duly completed and new projects are initiated from time to time so as to ensure profitability and overall development.
Role and Responsibility of CEO of ONGC
- To look after the day to day functioning of the organization.
- To help achieve objectives.
- To report points of concern and devise a solution.
- To prepare a work plan and annual budget for multiple domains.
- To abide by the rules set by the Board of Directors and ensure that proposals are accepted or rejected on merit basis.
- To be in charge of every decision and seek the Trustees for things that need approval.
- To get the budgets approved for each project/department.
- To account for performance and initiate means to improve it.
- To ensure a time-bound functioning mechanism is practised and to avoid any activity that can result in cost and time overrun.
- To take corrective measures and respond to judicial queries.
Eligibility for CEO of ONGC
Age group – 42 to 56 years.
15+ years of experience in HR administration and similar profiles.
Tenure – 2+1 years
Salary Offered to the CEO of ONGC
The CEO of ONGC receives a monthly Compensation of Rs. 3,75,000.00 which is a fixed amount. Other allowances for travelling, house rent, dearness allowance etc. are also added to gross salary. Other than that, an Annual Increment of Rs. 7,500.00 is also offered after the completion of one year in the select position.