Uber is a transportation company that offers services like ride-hailing, ride sharing, food delivery, peer to peer taxi, motorcycle taxis, and bicycle sharing. It was launched back in 2009 and has become the world’s largest cab hailing service. It is based in California, United States and has operations in a lot of countries across the globe. Here in India, they offer services like Uber pool, Uber X, Uber Go, Uber Black, Uber XL, Uber Hire, Uber Intercity, and Uber Eats. The last one is a food delivery service and has limited availability as of now.
Since all your important details like house address, work address, payment information, and much more are saved in your account. We recommend changing your password every once in a while to maintain the security of your account. This will prevent your account from hackers and crackers from gaining access to your information. If you are facing any difficulties in changing password of your account then don’t worry as we are to help you out with same. We have provided our users with a guide on how to change the password of your Uber account easily.
Do remember that you need to be logged into your Uber account before attempting this guide.
Steps to easily change your Uber account’s password
#Way 1: From Mobile App
- Open the official app of Uber. This app can be downloaded from Apple app store as well as Google Play Store.
- Login with your account details on this page by clicking on login button.
- Now on the start screen, click on the three stack button from the top left corner and click on settings option.
- Now click on the top bar that displays your name, phone number, and email address to proceed.
- Scroll down to the bottom of page and click on password option.
- Enter the current password to your Uber account in the space provided and click on verify password button.
- On this new page, enter the new password that you would like to keep for your Uber account and finally click on Update password option.
#Way 2: From Website
As of now, there is no method to change/update your Uber password from their website. However, if you still want to have a look then you can browse their website by visiting uber.com.
These are simple steps that you need to follow in order to change the password to your Uber account. If you still face any difficulties then mention them in the comments section below and we will try our best to help you out.