Cooking is an inevitable part of Indian women’s day. Wouldn’t it be easier if, instead of the traditional messy methods of utilizing fire to cook could be replaced with something unconventional and smart? Well, that is absolutely true. The government has taken initiatives to make gas connections accessible to all. But I wonder if even those of us who have been using LPG at their houses all our lives know the process of getting a gas connection. So what are the steps to follow?
Well, it begins with a visit to a local retailer of Bharat Gas or the website www.ebharatgas.com. But before you proceed, have a look at the eligibility criteria and the documents you would need.
- An active mobile/landline phone number with which you can register yourself.
- A copy of registration form which you can get offline or by visiting this link.
- Proof of identity (Adhaar card/voter ID/passport/driving license/PAN card etc.)
- Proof of residential address (Electricity, water or telephone bill/ration card/Driving license/Passport/Rent or Lease agreement/LIC policy/Bank statement/House registration document/Letter of possession or allotment for your residence/Declaration of address attested by a Gazetted officer)
- Passport sized photographs
With all these sorted, you can now proceed to the actual process.
- Firstly, you will need your mobile number to be registered with the gas company. This can be done by filling in your details on the web page – which will generate your request ID. The same is not required for the offline process. Once your number is verified, you can log in using these credentials to fill in the requisites of the registration form which in case of offline process needs to be collected personally from the dealer’s office.
- After you have collected scanned copies of all the required documents, upload your documents on here. This would require you to put in details like your request ID, mother’s name, date of birth, and the OTP that would be sent to the registered phone number. If you made a mistake, the request can be edited as well as cancelled. Details required for both the options will remain the same.
In case of the offline mode of registration, you will need photocopies of the required documents to be attached with a duly filled registration form.
- When your KYC is completed, you can proceed to make the payment.
- For the offline mode, when your form will be submitted, you will either pay through cash or your other preferred mode of payment.
The process is complete from your end, now all you need to do is wait and check for the status of your request if there’s any delay. The company sends you a notification through the registered phone number about the completion of registration for gas connection.
Bharat Gas is known for its efficient and timely services, it won’t be long before (about 4-5 days) you get your new connection delivered. Since the company focuses on bringing clean energy to your doorsteps, you can even opt for home delivery which means the cylinder will be delivered to your house every time you book it.
Wondering how will you make your first booking?
- You can book the cylinder either online, through phone or the app. Go to this link and then select the first option if you wish to book online. You will need to log in using the user id and password you previously created when registering for the connection.
- To book through SMS services, write “LPG” in the message box and send it to 7715012345 or 7718012345.
- To book through IVRS, call on the numbers – 7715012345or 7718012345 which work on 24*7 basis and are identical throughout India. You may even directly place a call to your distributor.
- Just like other companies, Bharat Gas is also following the trends and do have a mobile app for both the Android and iOS phones. You can make payments online, file a complaint, see the history of your bookings, rate the distributor among others through this app. While you download the app, look for the following icon, which will help you differentiate Bharat Gas from other distribution agencies.