Your permanent account number is a crucial document which you will panic about, if lost. Income tax Department of India issues this card and just like Aadhar, this also has a unique identification number (ten digits). When you lose this card, know that it can be used to make financial transactions on your behalf, so lodge a complaint immediately. Next, you should visit the nearest centre that offers PAN facilities.
You will be offered for 49A. Fill it with your details, get your supporting documents – ID proof, address proof, a copy of FIR along, as well as passport sized photographs. You also require to attach a Demand Draft or cheque in favour of NDSL, Mumbai. Don’t forget to put a title on the envelope you enclose these papers in while sending this through a registered mail at
National Securities Depository Limited, 3rd Floor, Sapphire Chambers, Near Baner Telephone Exchange, Baner, Pune – 411045.
If you wish to do this online, you can log into the official website and register for a PAN there. The steps include:
Steps to get a duplicate PAN Card
- Click on the reprint of PAN card.
- Choose online application for PAN card or corrections in PAN data.
- You will need to mention which type of PAN it was.
- Fill up the form for lost PAN card.
- Upload the supporting documents.
- Pay the fee online and submit the form.
- The reference number generated should be kept safe.
- You will receive duplicate PAN card delivered to your address.