Elections are a decisive factor for the nation’s growth and casting a vote is the duty of every responsible citizen. Electoral board arranges for the registration of new voters on their own but if you lost your voter id and need a duplicate one, you must either visit the online portal or the nearest office of Election Commission. Generally, it is the DMs office only, but check for the address of your area.
The steps for demanding a duplicate voter id card are as follows:
- Get form EPIC-002 either online or get a copy of it from the Electoral office.
- Fill the form completely, checking for no mistakes.
- Get the supporting documents – ID proof, Address proof, Age proof, copy of FIR, passport sized photographs etc.
- Submit the form, either online or by physically going to the electoral office.
- There’s no fee that you will have to pay.
- You can check the status of the application online using the reference number that will be generated after you submit the application.
- In a matter of days, your duplicate voter id card will reach at your address.