Chief Minister Punjab Office Address, Phone Number, Email ID, Website

The Chief Minister of Punjab is the most powerful person in the state. He is the head of the council of ministers and the government of Punjab. He is appointed by the governor of the state. Total 15 chief ministers have ruled over Punjab since 1947. In this article, all important information about the chief minister of Punjab has been given so that any person can contact him in the case of any grievance or complaint or give any kind of suggestion. Important information includes Chief Minster’s office contact details (address, phone number, email id, fax number), official website and some social media profiles on which he is active.

Gopi Chand Bhargava who belonged to the Indian National Congress party became the first chief minister of Punjab after India gained independence.  After the separation of the state of Haryana from Punjab, Giani Gurmukh Singh Musafir who belonged to the Indian National Congress presided over the re-configured Punjab as the chief minister from the Vidhan Parishad. The process of the appointed of the chief minister of Punjab is same as the process in any other state.

One government representative, who is also a Member of the legislative assembly of Punjab, is chosen by the people of Punjab. The party getting the majority in the Punjab Legislative Assembly elections chooses its leader. The governor announces the name and appoints him as the Chief Minister of Punjab. The oath is also taken in front of him. The governor asks the chief minister to form the council of ministers according to his choice.

Sponsored Links

The chief minister is entitled to vast functions, duties and responsibilities. He is responsible for the formation of his cabinet, leading the Council of Ministers, presiding over the meetings of the cabinet, main source of information for governor, forming new policies for the state, leader of the ruling party and his own party, guiding, advising and maintaining peace in the council of ministers, power to overrule other ministers, dissolving Punjab Legislature, etc. Generally, the chief minister of Punjab can hold the office for 5 years.

He can be removed when a vote of no-confidence is cast against him/her by the Punjab Legislative Assembly. In such a case, a vote of no-confidence is also cast against the entire Council of Ministers and it has to resign along with the chief minister for whom it was working. Prakash Singh Badal who belongs to the Shiromani Akali Dal is the current chief minister of Punjab. He took his oath on March 1, 2007.

Chief Minister Punjab Office Contact Details

Chief Minister Punjab Office AddressRoom No 32, Floor 2, Pb. Civil Sector, Sector 2, Chandigarh, Punjab.

Chief Minister Punjab Office Phone Number: 0172-2740325, 0172-2740769, 0172-2743463

Chief Minister Punjab Office Email ID: N/A

Chief Minister Punjab Office Fax Number: N/A

Sponsored Links

Chief Minister Punjab Official Website: www.punjab.gov.in

{ 21 comments… add one }
  • Rakesh kumar August 14, 2017, 7:23 am

Sir my name sub rakesh kumar i am army serving sol. On 28 jun mid night the theif was theft in my house. They was stolen 180 gram gold and 15 thousand cash.
    My wife was submitted fir of above mention theft to police stn no 5 bhargave camp jalandhar city west. They alloted FIR no 114 dt 29 jun 2017. But police not taken any action of this case. They are not done any invastigation for this case. They not call any forensics team.
    On date 19 jul I also meet with commissnor of police but no result come fwd. As army soldier I face very difficulty for make above mentioned item and i expend 27 yrs of my life.
    So I request your kind honour give suitable order to police of jalandhar west for early catch theifs and take action against defaulter

Yours faithfully,
    Rakesh kumar
    Hno WO 32 Chandhigarh mohalla
    Basti danishmandan Jalandhar city pb
    144002, mob no 8528106647

• keshav mehta August 13, 2017, 5:42 am

chif mani sir ma 10th age 25 sal photographer with adobe coumputr kita ha koi siting job dedo ma beroj ghar bhata faram bi bhare si .plise job-m-9872154514 ldh.

• akshay mehta August 13, 2017, 5:36 am

chif mani sir ma +2arts age 24sal with coumputr axel data entry kita ha koi siting job dedo ma beroj ghar bhata faram bi bhare si .plise job-m9803054035 ldh.

• Avtar singh August 5, 2017, 5:31 am

Sir my arms license renew nahi ho rahaall document ok pl my help me Avtar Singh Ludhiana 9356602200 thank

• Harpreet Singh August 2, 2017, 4:43 pm

Respected sir
    I also complaint regarding the harassment to pay my medical bill which submit to deo office in December to deo office through Bpeo-2 in December diary no 8043.they put up my file to health department CHANDIGARH and they calculate my amount and again send back to deo office in January and also say that this is only one copy of medical file and demand second copy again send back to dpi Primary in two copies. After some time when they not take any action on my case i complaint to 1905 grievances cell.After the action of concerned department they calculate my amount and again send back to deo after two years. one day in June month the deo call to take their medical bill from mohali by hand and i go dpi Primary office and receive my my medical reimbursement case by hand and submit in deo Primary in Ludhiana and they say me when medical budget come we pay the amount .Now in July month the budget come but the concerned office say me the amount is very low we can’t pay your medical amount.
    I also complaint you on complaint number 69752 in may 2017 after this department solve my problem. Now i again request you plz help me in to solve my problem because which amount i pay to hospital i finance from fiancer who’s interest is very high .i am single earning person. the half salary is go to the fiancer. i am very puzzle. Plz help me to solve my problem because our salary don’t come on time the financer increase the interest. I again request the related person plz help me.
    With Thanks
    Harpreet singh

• Ramanpreet kaur July 6, 2017, 2:19 am

I got 81%marks in +2 (non-medical). I am from general category . so, there is no scholarship for me even in government college . I want to do bsc(agriculture) and applied for this in government mohindra college .But the admission fee for that is very high .Please sir help me by some finance . I will be very thankful to you.

• gaganpreet singh July 4, 2017, 3:27 am

Sir sanu v koi job de do haar gye AAA gun ta asi

• prabjit singh June 30, 2017, 2:28 pm

Please job me punjab police sir im